Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spoke too soon....

Well, throughout my 11 weeks of pregnancy, I have been pretty proud of the fact that I haven't thrown up at all. I've told people "This is easy! I can do this!" Well, Friday night I think the Lord decided to say "BOO YA, CYNDI!" I had been feeling weird all day long...had a headache and just wasn't hungry. Well, Jay is always ready to eat on Friday nights when I get off. We decided to go to Jason's Deli to eat dinner. Salads have not tasted "right" to me at all since I have been pregnant. I feel like I can taste the dirt on the lettuce. BUT, for some reason that night I decided to get the salad bar. I usually LOVE the salad bar there. I made a good looking salad with lots of veggies on it thinking "I am eating healthy! Go me!" I sat down to eat and made myself eat most of the salad. Did not enjoy it one bit. At the end of your meal you can get a free soft serve ice cream cone. I passed on that one, but Jay was all over it. He gets his ice cream and we head to the car to go shopping. We get in the car and Jay hands me his ice cream cone to hold while he starts the car up. I knew then things weren't going to be pretty. I started gagging. I threw the cone back at him and jumped out of the car. Luckily I made it to the grassy knoll before I puked my guts out several times. All the while, Jayson is merrily licking his ice cream cone in the car. Cars were trying to pull into parking spaces but couldn't because I was puking. haha. What a special night. I felt better after that and we continued our shopping. I got several cute maternity tops and some yoga pants at Ross. I have had the most luck there with buying maternity clothes. They are so cheap--$7.99 for shirts! My weight gain is holding steady right at 2 1/2-3 pounds. I'll take it! That's not bad for the whole first trimester! This weekend I felt kind of puny...I slept A LOT. My body must have needed it. This week has been good so far, except for the awful heartburn. Now that I have finished my antibiotic I can go back to taking Tums. mmmmm. Saturday we went to Babies R Us for the first time. Man, is that place overwhelming! SO much stuff to look at. We found a few bedding sets that we like and a few stroller/carrier combos that we like too. Now we just need to know if it is a boy or a girl so we can decide. Well, that is all for now. Hopefully I will have no more sick incidents to report!

1 comment:

LilMama0710 said...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! You poor thing!!! He could have atleast held your hair or something... I would have! LOL!!! Hopefully you won't be doing much of that!!!! I LOVE YOU! I wanna see you pregnant!