Friday, March 20, 2009

From Baby Eaton...



Dear Mom,


I have been growing inside of you for 10 weeks now. I am the size of a prune. The good news is, I am now over an inch tall and weigh 1/4 of an ounce. The bad news is, I am now capable of pooping. You better get ready for all those diapers now! My vital organs are developing now, and I am starting to get little tooth buds. Who knows if I will have big teeth like your side of the family?! You better start saving up for braces NOW. I can move my arms...that is pretty neat. Over the next 3 weeks I will really be busy. My size will double! That is probably why you will start gaining more weight soon, so don't freak out. You've been pretty lucky so far--you've only gained 3 pounds in the first 10 weeks. That's pretty impressive. I'm sorry you haven't had too much of an appetite lately. I have tried to give you a few good days here and there. You are feeding me more calcium, thanks to those Tums you've been taking. That is good, because my bones are starting to form now. I'm glad you are not eating chocolate, because I do NOT like it. Keep eating the salty stuff...and the fruits and veggies of course! I heard daddy when he put his face to your belly and asked if I was in there this week. I giggled. Of course I am in here! Why else do you think my mom has felt so rough lately? I think you should maybe switch your prenatal vitamin. It is not making you feel good every morning. I hate it that your belly hurts because of your vitamin! But I need them, so you have to keep taking them. One morning this week, you woke up and said that you felt like you had been doing sit ups all night long. That's just me growing. Sorry! You better start putting lotion on your stomach, because pretty soon you will be having stretch marks and who wants those?! I am very excited about my first trip on a plane to go to Massachusetts. I am excited about meeting Nana, Grandpa, Auntie Alex, Auntie LeighAnn, Auntie Shannon, Uncle Justin, Uncle Todd, Julia, Rylee, Natalie, and Avery. And Grammie and Pappa, Auntie Laura, Uncle Mike, Matt, and Jake. Oh, and the puppies too. Oh, and my newest cousin still in Auntie LeighAnn's belly. I am sure we would have lots to talk to each other about---if we could! Hopefully I can be a good boy or girl and you will feel good on your vacation. You and daddy need a vacation! Having a baby growing inside of you is hard work! I still don't know what to call your mommy and daddy. Gi Gi? Be Be? Boo Boo? haha. They need to decide fast, because I will be here before they know it! Well, I need to go rest before our big plane trip tonight. Only 9 more weeks or so until you know if I am a boy or a girl!
Love,
Payton. Or Gavin. Or Addison.

4 comments:

Shonda said...

Love this post! As for the names... all three choices are good. I don't know which I like best. Picking a baby name has to be the worst!!! Because you've got to yell it everytime they get in trouble, every time they score in basketball (or whatever sport) and everytime you want them to come in side from playing... so much pressure! :) I'm sure whatever name you pick will be good!

Shonda said...

Ooooo... I have an idea... maybe you should yell all three names like your child is in trouble... see which is least annoying or rolls off the tongue better, etc.

LilMama0710 said...

I love it! I actually teared up! LOL! I am such a baby!!!

Jayson said...

Dear Mom,

It is now week 11!!! Please let the world know that I am doing!