Friday, March 27, 2009

Put the lime in the coconut...






Well, I am almost done with the first trimester! Yay! I am 11 weeks today. It amazes me that the baby still doesn't weigh an ounce yet! The baby is now as big as a lime. In a couple of weeks, there will be a major jump in fruits. Stay tuned! This week the baby is learning how to swallow and is controlling other reflexes. Right now, the head is as big as the body. Hopefully that will change soon...haha. The placenta is starting to take over some of the hormone production, so I should start feeling better and better every day. I can already tell a difference. I'm not near as nauseous any more, but still very tired. I think I am still trying to get over our trip. I only gained 2 pounds on the trip....one of which I have already lost! Yay! I have only noticed a major change in the "chest area." Oh the joys. As if I didn't have issues to begin with! I have had a major headache all day today, and no tylenol in sight to help things! My appetite is getting better, but I'm still not eager to eat. I can't finish a whole meal right now, and some things just don't taste as good to me as they used to. I'm not having any weird cravings or anything just yet, but I do like eating french fries. Terrible, I know. I tried to eat a salad the other day and I felt like I could taste the dirt on the lettuce leaves...GROSS! I don't think I'll be attempting that again any time soon. Now, for the journey to Massachusetts:

We arrived late Friday night. The flight there was decent, besides the fact that we played Phase 10 and Jay BARELY beat me at the last second. We didn't get to bed until after midnight that night. I was very excited to see a pile of maternity clothes there waiting on me! Thanks, MIL! I didn't sleep that well the first night due to having to go to the bathroom every few hours. The room we stay in is downstairs, so I had to make the trek upstairs every time I had to go.

Saturday was spent mainly visiting with family.

We went to see Jay's grandparents. Poor Papa has had a reaction to the chemo pill he is taking. His face is all broken out. I felt bad for him. That night, Jay's parents treated everyone to dinner. Here are some pics:

Me and Jay with Julia, the oldest niece


Me and Rylee, the second oldest niece

Sunday morning, Jay and I sang at his parents' church. We sang "Father Spirit Jesus" by Casting Crowns. We had to sing at both services. Between the first and second service, we went to Walgreens, where we got this:



This fine product is called Intelligender. The pregnancy magazines are advertising that this little test is 90% accurate in predicting the gender of your baby. It's all a bunch of hogwash, I'm sure, but it was just too tempting to not try it. I will talk more about that later! After church I went with the MIL and Alex to do some shopping. I bought Twilight! YAY! After our excursion we went on a walk around the neighborhood. I was so out of breath! I have got to do a better job of staying in shape while being pregnant! We stopped to pick up Natalie and she rode in her stroller the rest of the walk. Then she came back to the house and amazed us with her saxophone skills.



We ate some yummy mac and cheese for dinner (did you know that is a main course in New England? You can order it like any other meat. CRAZY. Down south it is strictly a side dish!) and then headed to Grams. Jayson sure was glad to see his Grandmother!



Monday morning dawned bright and early. I told LeighAnn (Jayson's sister) that I would do the Intelligender test at 8:00 A.M. Monday. Well, my bladder could not wait that long. I woke up a little after 7 and knew I wasn't going to make it till 8. So, I had to go on and take the test. The test comes in a little bottle. The bottle is filled with "magic crystals". You have to use your first morning urine in a cup. They give you a syringe to squirt the urine into the magic crystals. EW. Then you have to swirl it around for 10 seconds and let it sit for 10 minutes. The crystals change colors according to what you are having--green for a boy and orange for a girl. I called LeighAnn while I was waiting so she could at least feel like she was there with me. I checked after 2 minutes and it was GREEN! I waited for 8 more minutes and it was still GREEN! So, according to the ever so wise Intelligender, we are having a boy. Don't worry, I'm not going to paint the nursery or buy boy clothes just yet. Here I am delivering the news to LeighAnn:


We shopped on Monday. I did purchase some clothes for the baby. A cute little Red Sox gift set with onesies, a pacifier, a hat, and a wrist rattle. If it is a girl, we can just stick a bow in her hair and she will still be cute. lol!


Tuesday morning we went with LeighAnn and Natalie to the Yankee Candle Flagship Store. It is the real deal. That is where they make the candles and everything. I love going there. Rooms and rooms of candles, and it is always CHRISTMAS in the store. It snows every so often in the store. I always have to buy a candle when we go. I bought an apple scented one for my office. And we also got this cool fan thing that blows a different scent every 2 hours.
After that we went to a thrift store, where I got some really cute onesies and stuff in great shape....Baby Gap and Old Navy stuff for like 50 cents each! You can't beat that! We stopped at Wendy's for lunch so the prego ladies could get their fix. As soon as we got back to the house, I got a call from my doctor. My last appointment was March 9th. I get a call this past Tuesday telling me that I have a bladder infection. I have had it for over two weeks. So nice of them to decide to call and tell me that. Very frustrating. I questioned it and they said they just got the results back in, which is a big ol' lie. You can't let urine tests go that long. So they put me on an antibiotic, Nitrofur, which I had called in up in Massachusetts. I am taking it twice a day. I just wonder now if the pains I was feeling that I thought were just pregnancy related were really infection related. I have also been going to the bathroom as much as a 9 months pregnant woman would. During dinner one night in Mass I went 5 times. I am setting world records! HA. We are going to question this some more when I go for my next appointment April 9th. I really like my doctor, but I have not been impressed with the way some things have been going. Shannon brought her girls over that afternoon. We ate dinner with the Pastor and his family that night at Friendly's and headed home.


Wednesday was our last day there. We visited with Gram and Pappa some more and had lunch with LeighAnn and Natalie.

That's pretty much our trip in a nutshell. It was nice to get away for a while, but always hard to get back into the routine. We were very upset to discover that our DVR did not record our shows while we were gone. Whatever will we do?! These next few weeks of pregnancy should be interesting. I should start showing. I will take some belly pics and put them up. Go comment on my hubby's blog. He needs comments. haha.

1 comment:

LilMama0710 said...

I loved this post... SO AWESOME!!! :-) I really hope you have a girl.. We have plenty of boys in our family.... :-) I am glad that y'all had such a great time in Mass..... WOOTTTT!! :-) I love you girl!