Friday, April 3, 2009

Plum tuckered out!



I'm a bit confused about this week's fruit. Last week was a lime. When we went to the grocery store last week I compared a lime and a plum....and the lime is definitely bigger! Maybe the baby is just a really large plum right now! As you can see, the baby is over 2 inches now. Still doesn't weigh an ounce, but it's getting there! This week the baby has the reflex to lift its head a slight bit, and can also practice breathing. All of the organs are developed, so now the baby can really start growing! As I am beginning the second trimester, I realize that I have been feeling much better overall this week. Over the past few days my appetite has come back in full force, and I think I have had a little bit more energy, although Jay would probably disagree! The one "new" thing I have encountered is back pain and an overall sore feeling. I realized the cause of this around midnight last night. I am a stomach sleeper. I always have been. Well, sleeping on my stomach now causes me to arch my back and is very uncomfortable. Sleeping on my side is also very uncomfortable. So, that explains the soreness I am feeling today. I need to go look for a body pillow or something to help me out at night. Maybe this means I am getting ready to show! Some women are already showing at this point, but others aren't even close. I can feel a difference in my tummy. Especially when I try to sleep on my stomach. I am still not a fan of chocolate, and my need for salty things has increased even more! My next doctor's appointment is a week from yesterday--Thursday, April 9th. We will hear the heartbeat then. I am excited! I hope that it is nice and strong. I pray also that this infection is gone. I worry that it is still there! Hopefully at our May appointment we will find out the gender of the baby! Surely he won't make me wait till June! That would stink! We had some really bad storms here yesterday. A tornado touched down just right down the road from where I work! They evacuated everyone here to the "safe rooms." It poured all night long, too. I love the rain, but I do not like driving home in it at 7:30! I am ready for a nice weekend. Jay and I haven't seen each other much this week, with revival and me working late. Next weekend will be a long one, thanks to Good Friday! Hopefully I can catch up on some rest then. Well, I will close for now. Only 196 days to go!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's have another belly picture!!!
LeighAnn