Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The middle of week 9

Well, I am now about 9 1/2 weeks pregnant. I have had absolutely NO appetite for over a week. Nice timing, with Texas family being in town! I really haven't been too nauseous in the morning, just no appetite all day long and very sleepy. I hope the baby is getting enough nutrients. I have been faithfully taking my vitamins and trying to eat when I feel like it. I'm not showing yet, though I can definitely feel and tell a difference more and more with each day that passes.
Uncle Tom, Nonie, Shannon, Brandy, and Deon arrived Saturday night. We all ate together at Couser's....which is always a treat. lol. Didn't really feel like eating my food. Good thing my dad took care of my "leftovers." Sunday morning we slept in and skipped Sunday School because I needed the sleep! We went to church, went to my parents house for MORE food, and then everyone came to our house for dessert. There were 26 people crammed into my parents' house. It was absolutely crazy. Sunday night we all ate at Grandma's (are you seeing a trend here? Food, food, and more food!). Yesterday I was absolutely exhausted from the busy weekend. I left work a little early so we could meet the fam at The Catfish House for MORE food. I really did not eat much at all--though I did manage to eat some fried pickles (my absolute FAVORITE). Jay and I retired early after that. We came back home and watched this:


A co-worker let me borrow this. It is really cool. It shows the development of the baby from conception through birth. We watched all the way up to 11 weeks. It is crazy to think that the baby is already moving inside of me, even though it is just reflexes (the brain isn't telling it to move yet). How anyone could experience pregnancy and childbirth and not believe there is a God is beyond me. Anyway, I was asleep by about 9:15 last night...and didn't wake up till 7:15 this morning. I needed the sleep! Today I have felt much better...more energized and a little bit more of an appetite. My mom and I went to Grandma's for lunch to tell everyone bye. It's always sad to say goodbye to family! Deon was absolutely precious while they were here. He kept referring to Jay as "the teacher." He loved Grandma and laughed at everything she said. Tonight I work until 6:00 (I HATE late nights!) and then we will have our shows to watch when I get home. Just a few more days and we will be in Massachusetts. I think we are both ready for a getaway. Maybe some new scenery will give me some more energy and an appetite!

1 comment:

LilMama0710 said...

LOL! You poor, poor thing! I can't believe you don't have an appetite! That's the saddest thing I have ever heard. You should be eating like a maniac! LOL! I would be. If I ever get to actually have a baby... I am going to JUST PIGG out. :-) Just kidding! Anyways... Glad y'all had fun w/ the fam! Love you!