Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Everything is lookin' good!

I went to the doctor today, so I thought I'd share everything that went on at this visit. This was my first pregnancy visit without Jayson being there with me. I wanted to get in earlier during the week, and all they had available was morning appointments. The doctor's office was REALLY busy today. Two of the doctors were sick last week, so they have been trying to cram everyone in. After waiting a while I was finally called back. I have only gained a pound since my last visit, which is a great thing! Especially since I have been eating like a cow at some meals. Last night my food was so good that I was yelling out to everyone how good it is. HAHA. Anyway, my blood pressure was good, too. YAY! It was 120/75. I am pleased with that. So was my nurse and my doctor. I had to sit and wait on my doctor FOREVER. He had two patients there today that had just had their big ultrasound...so he was definitely busy. He finally came in and measured my stomach (I forgot to ask him what it was) and then let me hear the heartbeat. He talked to me the whole time and held the monitor so I could see the heart rate. It ranged from about 151 to 156. He said he would write down 155. That is slower than last time, which is normal from what I have read. It's more in boy range now...haha. It was weird, every time I would say something to my doctor the heart rate would speed up a bit. Exciting! He took me in his office for the usual "chat time" and told me everything looked good...that I look really good for 15 weeks. He entered all my stats into the computer and said "Hmm...what if we did your ultrasound in 3 weeks instead of 4?" I was so excited! He told me at that appointment you can also choose to have the optional AFP blood test done. It checks for birth defects. He told me that he and his wife did not have it done for any of their kids...and that most of the things it checks for would show up on the ultrasound. I asked him when I would start to feel the baby move--I am getting antsy! He said it could be another 4-6 weeks. He said it is completely normal to not feel anything yet. I went next door to schedule my ultrasound. The receptionist said they had seen a streak of boys this morning....I told her I hope that continues! My ultrasound is scheduled for Wednesday, May 20th at 8:00 A.M. I can't wait! I am ready to shop and decorate a nursery! It's a relief to know that things are looking good. I can't believe I will be 16 weeks on Friday! Time flies by!

1 comment:

LilMama0710 said...

YIPPPPEEE! :-D Sounds like everything is going good!!! I wanna see you! :-( I have to see you pregnant, and right when the baby is born. LOL!