Saturday, April 11, 2009

Everything is just peachy...or is it?!

Well, as of yesterday I am 13 weeks. Time is flying by! I am glad to be in the second trimester now, although I have noticed that I have thrown up more in the past few weeks than i ever did in the first trimester. I threw up again Thursday night....but we will get to that later. This week's fruit is the peach. We're getting bigger and bigger! The baby is about 3 inches long now and is getting close to weighing a whole ounce! The baby's teeth and vocal cords are forming this week, and its body is reaching "normal" proportions (the head is not so big!). The intestines are now moving from the umbilical cord to the tummy.

This past week has been pretty good. I have noticed that I get dizzy occasionally, and I have had a few headaches as well. Monday night when I got home from work I had a belly! That was pretty exciting. My appetite really hasn't been that huge. I pretty much just eat my meals and maybe a snack or two during the day at work. I don't snack much at all when I am home. I was really nervous all week about my doctor's appointment. We watched "Marley and Me" last weekend. Good movie, but not what a 12 weeks pregnant woman needed to see! The couple in the movie goes for an ultrasound and the baby has no heartbeat. GREAT. Plus, I saw all this stuff on TLC and Discovery Health this week about babies with no heartbeat. And, I have come to realize that sometimes people just don't say the right things they need to say to a pregnant woman. This week I was told "Well, if something happens it happens and you'll move on." YEAH RIGHT. When you want a baby so bad, you dont' just "Move on and forget about it." I was also told horror stories about "people I knew who lost their baby at 14 weeks." Not what I needed to hear. I now know what to say to pregnant women and what not to say.

Well, Thursday (the day of our appointment) came. I was a nervous wreck all morning long. Had the worst traffic on the way to work (sat on the interstate for an hour and a half) and I was stressed about leaving work early and who was going to cover the front desk. So, by the time I got to the doctor I was a bundle of nerves. We were taken back pretty fast this time. I was told that I have gained NO weight since my last appointment (go me!!!). The nurse also told me that my blood type is O+...which my doctor says is perfect for pregnant women. Jay is O-....so he says we are a good match. My blood pressure was really high when the nurse took it: 140/105. eek! The nurse said she would probably take it at the end, once my doctor saw me. My doctor came in and I expressed my frustrations regarding how long I had to wait to find out I had an infection. He still acted like this was completely normal, and that I would be fine. He also told me he could see how worked up I was, and that probably explained my high BP. He then allowed us to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. I freaked out when he couldn't find it at first. I thought my worst fears were coming true! But, after locating my blood flow on the right side, he moved to the left side and found the baby! I think that is where the baby is hanging out right now. I look bigger on my left side than I do on my right. Anyway, the baby's heart rate was a whopping 170. Very fast. Our kid will probably be as ADD as Jay and I both are. It was very clear and strong...so I went from fear to excitement all at once. Very relieved. He told me he'd like to see me in 4 weeks, and then 3 weeks after that we can find out the gender. BOO. 7 weeks is so far away! He sent the nurse back in to check on my BP. It was still high--135/100. She had me lay on my left side for a while and relax. The third time she took it it was 130/100. Still too high. The doctor came back in and said he wasn't too worried about it right now...he knew how worked up I had been all day. He recommended that I check it regularly and relax. He wants to see me back in 3 weeks instead of 4 to check on it. But, we will still need to wait 4 weeks after that for our ultrasound.

That evening, I had throw up #2. We bought one of those cheap heartbeat things at Target that "allows you to hear your baby's heartbeat at home." We know it's a piece of junk, but it is our first pregnancy, so we should be allowed to blow money on things like that! Anyway, Jay was getting me all hooked up to try it out and I had to throw the thing off and run to the bathroom. I think I grossed Jay out a little bit. HAHA. Nothing like hearing your sexy wife puke her guts out over and over again. I immediately felt better after that.

Friday was a dramatic day. Terrible tornados came through our town. We were very fortunate to not have any damage to our new home....and we are all safe and sound. Jay and I were in Lifeway when it happened. I had just picked out a devotional book for pregnant ladies. It is really cool. It goes week by week and lists what is going on with the baby's development. It lists things you can pray for for the baby and gives a Bible verse. It is made for worrying pregnant ladies, and that seems to be me lately! Anyway, they rushed us all back to the stock room, where they handed out free candy while we waited out the storm. We were there for about an hour. I stayed very calm...I am working on trying not to get so stressed out about things. It is not good for my BP or for the baby! When we finally left, we got to see some of the damage first hand. It is really scary. Some houses are just completely gone...others are missing roofs or large portions of their home. Our church is still without power.

We planted a maple tree in our backyard this morning. That will be cool to be able to tell our child...that we planted that tree a few months before they were born! I have started a video blog on youtube. I love watching other pregnancy vlogs on here, so I thought I would start one myself. Part one of my first video was too big and would not load onto the site. Hopefully I am on the right track now, though. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mamaeaton09

That's all for now! I will post more belly pics later. Happy Easter!!!!









1 comment:

LilMama0710 said...

Love the pics, love the blog, love everything! :-D You are awesome! That's scary about the tornados! I would have FREAKED OUT!!!!!! EEEEEEEEE!!! I wish I was there!!!I miss you!