Friday, April 17, 2009

When life hands you a lemon...






The fruit of the week is....a lemon! The baby finally weighs over an ounce and is growing more and more every day! This week the baby is busy practicing its sucking, wiggling, and breathing skills. A thick coating of hair has covered the baby's body to keep it warm. Good timing, now that it is FINALLY warming up in Tennessee. That was the longest winter ever. The baby should be moving around now...although I can't feel it yet. At least, I don't think I can. Sometimes I think I can feel it, but I could just be making it up...wishful thinking! I have been more aware this week of where the baby is, though. The first part of this week I could tell it was hanging out on my left side...that side just felt more heavy and I could tell when I stood up that something was there. As the week has gone on, I think the baby has moved more to the middle of my tummy. I am really rounding more in the middle of my stomach. The "pooch" that was there is now evening out into a nice round belly. I will take pics either tonight or tomorrow. I have felt pretty good overall this week. I have had a few headaches and I've noticed that my balance is off. The fatigue is still there, although it's not as bad as it was during the first trimester. Still, I find myself dozing off while we're watching TV at about 9 every night. One new thing I've noticed is the fact that I now have hair ALL over my stomach. GROSS! I have never been a very hairy person, but I feel like every day now I have more hair on my stomach. It is gross. And I have had to shave my legs so much that I have razor burn all over them....and under my arms as well. EW! I wonder if this means it is a boy. I have also been craving hot dogs. I have had 3 total hot dogs this week. It is the weirdest thing. I have never been a huge hot dog fan...but boy do I love them now. I like them almost burnt. My appetite has definitely improved even more. I love eating now! WOOHOO! According to my scale at home, I have gained about 2 more pounds. The doctor could say differently though. Yesterday afternoon I was able to practice my mama skills. A co-worker of mine brought in his 2 month old (Henley Jane) and I told him to just park her right at my desk while he was in meetings. So, we hung out for most of the afternoon. She slept most of the time. I couldn't take it any more so I got her out of her carrier and held her for a while. Man, babies are heavy. And this one wasn't even that big! My arms got a work out...and they are sore today! I need to get used to that, though. Hopefully we will have a nice, relaxing weekend ahead of us! Well, this has been a pretty uneventful week, so this post will be short and boring! Just wanted to let you all know what the fruit of the week was.

1 comment:

LilMama0710 said...

how fun! :-) And I LOVE Lemons!! LOL!!! You are looking cute! I need more pics!! And I need to call & have you put the phone up to your belly, so the baby will know who I am!!!!