Sunday, April 13, 2008

Wii like to party...



Well, I have to start out by telling a story. Last night was our banquet. It is a dressy occasion. I rushed home from class, showered, and changed for the event. I put on a black formal dress (one that I bought for the honeymoon). I kept asking Jay if it was ok to wear...if i was showing too much cleavage, etc. He said no, and that I looked good. By the way, he had already bought me white roses earlier during the day. He had them sitting out on the counter along with a cd he bought me when I came in from class. Here is a pic of the roses....plus some flowers I stole from the banquet centerpieces.
ANYWAY, I head over to the banquet. Jayson said he'd come over later. I had to be there early to register people and such. I go sit at my table and do my job. I notice an old hag standing there staring at me. I ignored her and went on with my job. A few minutes later my boss comes to get me and takes me into the bathroom. She proceeds to tell me that someone came up to her and told her I was inappropriately dressed. This woman had run her mouth to THREE people, who all came up to my boss to complain about my dress as well. My boss asked if Jayson could bring me a sweater or something to go over my dress. I told her NO, that I was going to go home and change. Talk about humiliating. I grabbed my purse and called Jay to tell him to come pick me up. I'm bawling at this point. He came to get me and I changed into black pants and a suit jacket. I called my mom crying (she and my dad were coming to the banquet too). They were ALL ready to go jump down that woman's throat. Come to find out, she has accused my boss of being inappropriately dressed in the past. My boss was SUPER nice about it...told me not to give it another thought, etc. I kept telling her that I am Polly Pure...I have never been accused of dressing innappropriately before in my life. I would have told the woman off, but I don't want to lose my job. I just got through the evening and I glared at the old hag whenever I got the chance. :-) Today after church Jayson and I went to the new SuperTarget. LOVE that place. He needed to get some new clothes because his old spring clothes are way too big on him now that he's lost so much weight. He picked out some shorts and a polo. We swung through the electronics, and what do we see? A Wii. We have been looking for one for so long. I tried so hard to get Jayson one for Christmas last year but had no luck. We knew we had to get it. SO, $250 later, we own one! WOOHOO! We have had so much fun tonight playing with it. I beat him at golf, but he killed me at bowling. I laughed so hard at him when he was boxing. It's really good exercise. Here are some pics of us playing. Disregard my white trash outfit. :-)




Here I am golfing. Good stance, huh?





Jayson was very serious about golf.





See, I told you I had good golf stance.


Jayson kicking some tail at boxing.

1 comment:

LilMama0710 said...

First of all, I can not believe that lady said you were inappropriately dressed! YOU NEVER DRESS THAT WAY!!! You seriously are POLLY PURE... If it were me, I probably would have pulled the neckline down even more... LOL! LOL! LOL! HOW RUDE! I can't believe that!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brynne wants a WII.. She plays CSI. LOL! I've never played one before... Bring it to Texas.. LOL! LOL! JK! Anyways... You're awesome polly pure... even though your nick name is SYN-D.. LOL!!