Monday, August 10, 2009

A new post...finally!

This will be a pictureless post for now...I need to get some pictures up here soon! I am now 30 weeks! The main symptom i am noticing now is EXHAUSTION. That, and being hot all of the time in the 95 degree August weather here. I have never been a sweaty person, but I have turned into one this past week. NASTY! Jackson's nursery is getting close to being done! It is so cute...bright and inviting. He is getting bigger and bigger...his movements can really hurt me now days! Jayson can now talk to Jackson through my stomach...he will tell him to move and Jackson will kick! It is so cute! Yesterday Jay was asking him questions...if he wanted to be called Jack or Jackson...what kind of music he likes..etc. HA! Jackson would answer with a kick. We can also watch him move from the outside of my stomach now. It's like a little ripple on my stomach. I left work early Friday due to strong chemical fumes in my office (they were waxing and stripping the floors). Today, it is still not better so I am working from another office. We toured the Labor and Delivery Unit of the hospital yesterday. I am glad we went! It made everything seem so much more real though...my legs started shaking when we got up to the second floor! The L&D rooms are very nice...pretty luxurious. They have free Wi-Fi, extended cable, a DVD player, a couch that pulls out into a bed, and nice wood furnishings. The sad thing is, if the hospital is busy I will get kicked out of there a few hours after I have the baby and will be sent to a postpartum room. Our nurse said those beds are actually more comfortable than the L&D beds. If I could have the baby on a Sunday I probably wouldn't have to worry about it because they were DEAD yesterday. Everything will be done in my room. The baby won't be taken away for very much at all, which is nice. They have 2 lactation nurses on staff at all times to help with breastfeeding. We are actually going to a class tonight with the "guru", Joy. They said yesterday that she could get breast milk out of a turnip. HA! We had a MAJOR blessing last night at church. I started talking to the youth pastor's wife at a reception after church. She had a baby boy last November. She offered me all of his old clothes! They will be in season and everything since he was born in the fall just like Jackson will be! Then we started talking about breastfeeding and she offered me her PUMP! She is finishing up breastfeeding her son this week and she said I can have her pump to use. WOW. That is huge! Those things cost like $300. We could rent one from the hospital, but they are outdated and annoying. In other news, I am gaining SO much weight. I never thought I would see these numbers on the scale! I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. I hope he doesn't say anything to me about it! After this appointment, I will start going every two weeks. INSANE...it is approaching so fast. I feel like we still have so much stuff to buy before he comes. We do have at least 2 more showers left...thank goodness! My work shower is August 19th and my family shower is September 5th. Well, that is all for now. I need to get back to work! I will update again after my doctor's appointment! :-)

1 comment:

LilMama0710 said...

Perfectly wonderful update! :-) I can't believe the time is almost here!!! WOO HOOO!! Post some pics, girlie! I wanna see you! Love ya!