Monday, May 11, 2009

A note from Baby Eaton...

Well, I know this really "stinks," but I am now the size of an onion! I am growing like crazy lately, and I know my mom can really feel it. She has been off balance a lot this past week because her belly is growing so much. She has also felt some round ligament pain. I am now over 5 inches long and I weigh about 6 ounces. This week I have started to get fat around my bones. The umbilical cord is getting stronger..yay! More food for me! I have fingerprints now, so I am even more of a unique individual. I have been trying to move a lot so my mommy can feel me. I think she might have felt me this week when she was taking a bath! I tried to put on a good show for her since I know she has been worried about not feeling me move a lot. But, everything is just fine with me! I got to show her that on Friday. My dad bought this heart monitor off of ebay. It is really cool---like what Dr. Riley uses when he checks my mom out. My heartrate this weekend has averaged out at about 150...sometimes lower than that. Mommy and Daddy are obsessed with listening to me. I think they listen to my heart about 3 or 4 times a day! I really don't like it too much. Everytime Daddy finds me I try to run away from him. They can hear me kicking and swimming! I move every time I hear my mommy's voice. I just can't help it! When we were over at Granna and Paw Paw's house this weekend they tried to let them hear my heart rate. I was feeling very shy---and I was scared by the metal folding chair that fell to the ground right before they listened to my heart! So, I played a little hide and seek with them. At least they got to hear my heart for a little bit. My mom put a video up on youtube of one of my performances: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi85nHTz7gU&feature=channel_page
My mom has had bad leg cramps for about a week now. They wake her up in the middle of the night and she has to grab her leg. Sorry, mom. Maybe I am just taking all of your nutrients and you need to eat more of certain things! Mommy called the doctor this morning to see what they suggest. She is waiting on a call back from them. Oh, my mommy and my daddy each picked something out for me this weekend and ordered them online! Yay! I like presents. My mom got me a book called "Oh baby the places you'll go!" It is a book that is written for moms to read to their babies while they are pregnant. It is kind of like the Dr. Seuss book. My dad picked out a DVD. It is called "Red Sox Baby." It is like those Baby Einstein videos, only it has all kinds of Red Sox stuff. I will learn what the mascot is, what baseball is, and all that fun stuff. I guess he wants me to be a Red Sox fan whether I am a boy or a girl. Speaking of...I get to "show my stuff" next Wednesday! I hope mommy and daddy are getting excited...I know I am. Well, that's all for now. I am getting hungry again so maybe Mommy should eat!

No comments: