Friday, January 16, 2009

An update!

Okay, I get off of work in about 30 minutes, so I'll make this short and sweet. Christmas was great! We stayed in Nashville for Christmas this year. We went to Grandma's on Christmas Eve, where we all watched the Santa Clause...on 3 different tv's. It was like surround sound, seriously. Jay and I woke up at 7 the next morning and exchanged gifts with each other. I will post pics later. Then we went to my parent's house, ate Christmas breakfast, and opened gifts with them. Our family ate at Bell Road (Grandma's church) this year. The family is just getting way too big to all eat in one house. No one has a house big enough to comfortably seat everyone anymore. I liked having the meal at Bell Road. We could all spread out...everyone could sit at a table, and clean up was much easier. I made Grandma a scrapbook for Christmas. I did a page for each of her children with old pictures. Then I did a page for Granddaughters, one for Grandsons, and then a page for Great Grandkids. I found a bunch of old, historical stuff in Grandma's picture box, so I put some of that stuff in there as well. It was a hit! Everyone loved looking at it. Those things sure take a lot of time, energy, and money, but they are always worth it in the end. Jay and I flew out that night for Massachusetts! It was nice to fly into "Christmassy" climate. They had lots of snow. We did Christmas with his family on the 26th. And the 27th. ha. We ate too much, shoppped too much, and had a lot of fun.

We FINALLY move into our house a week from today! WOOHOO! I cannot wait. Apartment life is for the birds. Especially when you live in a college setting where everyone thinks it's a dorm. We have people congregating outside our door late at night at least 3-4 nights each week. I do not, however, look forward to all of the bills that come with a house. In Jayson's words, "It's just part of life!" We have been packing like crazy. Our house is so nice and new and fresh and clean! For some reason, I just didn't want a "used" house for our first home together. It has been so cool to watch this house get built every step of the way. Jay's parents are flying in on Friday to help us move. My parents are taking off as well. Jayson has decided that we will get Direct TV in our new home so that he can have NESN and watch ALL of the Red Sox games this year. So, that means Steve Walls needs to come visit his bro-mance partner so they can watch the games together. :-) Casey has been emailing us some. He cracks me up. He trash talks my Titans all the time...and then he's real sweet to Jay. I love it!

Anyway, Jayson also starts a 2 month interim teaching position on Feb. 3rd. He is very excited. It's a 4th grade position. He has had a really hard time finding a job. Most teachers are hanging on to their jobs right now. But, the Lord has really worked everything out for us. Yay God!

It has been freezing in TN the past couple of days. They even called off schools today because it is so cold. It got down to 2 degrees last night.

Shu Shu, my Twilight buddy, have you gotten Breaking Dawn yet? I am beating you now!

Okay, gotta get things closed down in the office! Love to all!

1 comment:

LilMama0710 said...

I am about 250 pages into Breaking Dawn. I borrowed it from a friends nieghbor. LOL!!! :-) That is a GREAT post! I especially loved the YAY God part. LOL! I was at Casey's house last week when he emailed you & was trashing your Titans.. He was like "shu shu, how do you spell precious?" LOL!!! LOVE IT! ;-) I am happy for y'all... Sounds like everything is going GREAT!!!!!!!!